Regular, thorough wheel cleaning is imperative for all vehicles. Brake dust is highly corrosive to wheel finishes, and it is generated each and every time you apply the brakes. Brake dust is made of brake pad dust and red hot metal filings from the rotor. This volatile mixture eats through protective wheel finishes and pits the metal, permanently eliminating that bright metallic shine.
The braking systems in many vehicles generate a lot of brake dust. Coincidentally, these vehicles often have the expensive alloy wheels with intricate spoke designs. These wheels look unbelievable when they’re clean, but how are you going to keep them clean?
The Speed Master Wheel Brush. This advanced wheel brush has everything you want in a quality detail brush and much more. The staff and I at Palm Beach Motoring studied all the various brushes on the market and compared their pros and cons. Ultimately I took our wish list for the perfect wheel brush to Dean Henderson at EZ Detail Brush, Inc. Dean had already created the ultimate motorcycle detailing brush with the EZ Detail Brush. With a few modifications, I knew we could create the ultimate auto detail brush.
Dean manufactured the Speed Master Wheel Brush to my exact specifications, right down to the hot rod red bristles. In addition, the Speed Master Wheel Brush has a thicker, reinforced stem. It maintains its flexibility but the new stem is more rugged for frequent use on auto wheels. The bristles are slightly feathered on the ends to gently clean delicate wheel finishes, such as coated or plated wheels, without scratching.
Here are the benefits of the Speed Master Wheel Brush:
- Soft, nonabrasive 2 inch bristles. Whether the wheels are aluminum or clear coated, they can be scratched by the wrong brush. The Speed Master Wheel Brush features nylon Nylex bristles that are both flexible and durable. The end of each bristle is feathered to provide an extra gentle touch on delicate wheel finishes. Use the Speed Master Wheel Brush on highly polished aluminum, chrome, stainless, clear coated, and painted wheels with confidence.
- Patented memory bristles regain their shape. Detail brushes can lose their shape and their functionality over time because they’re pressed into the grooves and crevices of your car. The Speed Master Wheel Brush has special memory bristles that regain their shape after every use. Simply rinse the brush in hot water and hang it upside down to dry. The bristles will settle back into their original shape, just like new. Memory bristles allow the Speed Master Wheel Brush to remain effective when other brushes fall short.
- Chemical resistant.The Speed Master Wheel Brush’s synthetic bristles can withstand all wheel cleaners and degreasers, even powerful aluminum wheel cleaners. Whereas natural bristles can eventually become dry and brittle, the bristles on the Speed Master Wheel Brush stay smooth, soft, and flexible.
- Fits all wheel designs.The Speed Master Wheel Brush may look like a big brush, but it fits in the smallest spaces. Clean between wire spokes and even between the brake caliper and the wheel! The flexible bristles easily fold against the stem to a ½ inch thickness. When you’re finished cleaning the wheels, rinse the Speed Master Wheel Brush in hot water and hang to dry to restore the brush’s original shape.
- Reinforced, flexible stem. Many of today’s wheel designs give you full visibility through the wheel. Brake dust literally has nowhere to hide! The Speed Master Wheel Brush is the solution. The upgraded, vinyl-coated wire stem flexes to reach all the way through the wheel to clean the edge on the other side! The 13 inch stem is of a heavier gauge wire to give it flexibility and stability. The vinyl coating protects the wheel from scratching. In fact, if you pull the bristles apart, you can see that the wire is completely covered for the entire length of the brush.
- Safe bonded tip. The tip of the Speed Master Wheel Brush is coated in vinyl to protect the wheel from contact. No part of the internal wire stem is visible so there’s no chance of it scratching the wheel as long as the bonded tip stays in tact.
- Knuckle guard protects your hands. A rubber guard above the handle helps protect your hands from cleaners or scrapes, because we know you really get into your work. An ergonomic handle makes cleaning comfortable.